Andrew Earles

The Naked Trucker and T-Bone Show

Posted in Uncategorized by Andrew Earles on December 31, 2006

I’ve only seen the room-erupting previews (and read an article about the live performances), but Allen and Koechner’s daring concept - honed on stage in front of people that have never left L.A. or New York - threatens to signal 2007 as a benchmark year for comedy. Still largely unchartered territory, humor about truckers, trailer park depravity, rednecks, and big mustaches may be too progressive for some audiences. Throw in ugly male nudity, and we may have another case of misunderstood genius; indeed an unfortunate candidate for a future episode of Brilliant But Cancelled. The comedy world is still reeling from the controversy surrounding Joe Dirt, various David Cross bits, and the unbelievable complexity and fresh wit of Adult Swim’s Stroker and Hoop. Let’s hope that audiences will award Comedy Central’s The Naked Trucker and T-Bone Show the special attention it deserves, but I fear that the inspired concept will simply fly over too many heads.

About these ads

10 Responses

1. Earl Hickey said, on January 3, 2007 at 7:18 pm

well this is simply my opinion but i feel you’ve lost touch with america. Did you miss a little something called the Blue Collar Comedy Tour?

How about my name is earl?

Jokes about Rednecks and trailer parks are doing quite well these days. No matter where you live your going to be affected by the same media as the rest of america, considering TV has become somewhat of a national passtime these days it’s safe to say there won’t be much of a different reaction.

2. Jim Dolan said, on January 5, 2007 at 8:44 pm

The next Chapelle Show? Not even close. I pray that this show is NOT the cornerstone for all future comedy.

I really expected an SNL alum (Koechner) to make better choices.

I get the Chapelle Show, I get the Blue Collar Comedy, I get Scrubs, I get The Daily Show, the Colbert Report, Reno911. Joe Dirt rocked. I literally laugh out loud when I watch these.

This show just looks uninspiring. All I do is hit the mute button when I see the commercials. A naked guy and a guy doing a BAD redneck impression. That I just don’t get.

3. Andrew Earles said, on January 7, 2007 at 11:18 pm

This is what I don’t get: When people use the following pop-cultural crutch: “Saturday Night Live sucks now.” Every season has had its merits, some more so than others, but it has never truly “sucked.”

4. Andrew Earles said, on January 7, 2007 at 11:25 pm

I’ve “lost touch with America.” That’s a good one, as is “considering TV has become somewhat of a national passtime these days.” Just because the humor is popular doesn’t mean that it’s good. Do I really need to write that?

“Besides if it’s anything like the mini-pilot preview they showed along with a couple of they’re band performances you can find via they’re site, they should be a smash hit. This will be the Next Chappelle show.. or Blue Collar Comedy TV..

Although ofcourse these are just my own assumptions i may be incorrect although being as they were my belief’s i doubt i’m wrong.”

This is just my assumption, but based on your post, it’s a wonder you can dress yourself each day. Again, just my assumption.

5. Mespelbrunn said, on January 18, 2007 at 3:04 am

Well, it’s January 17, and the Naked Trucker and T-Bone show premiered on Comedy Central. I was busy programming and it was running in the background, coming on right after South Park. And I somehow didn’t manage to change the channel. How I accomplished this is beyond my understanding as experiencing it was horribly painful.

This show is just simply lame and unfunny. It’s unbelievably bad. It’s of the caliber of Hee Haw.

Please don’t watch this show so that it will die a deserved death as quickly as possible.

6. Easy said, on February 14, 2007 at 2:21 am

The Naked Trucker and T Bone show sucks ass and is taking up space that cold be fill with better programing…..

7. thomas romer said, on March 5, 2007 at 10:05 pm

you know… this show is just so bad. i just don’t see the “over-the-head” comedy here. it really just seems “under-the-head” around the ass region. i mean… its plain old bad. someone mentioned “my name is earl” above and that is funny, clever and likable. this show is just unwatchable. the skits seem random and based on nothing other than that balding freak just being uncomfortably odd, and by that, i mean i kind of feel embarrased for him. the trucker is just about the least inspiring character i have ever seen even for a “straight man”. it just seems a bizzare vehicle for the bald fellow who is just not funny. hee haw for 2007.

8. carlos said, on April 18, 2007 at 3:02 pm

The show sucks ass and your opinion is retarded.

9. Andrew Earles said, on April 18, 2007 at 10:25 pm

Er…did I ever state that the show didn’t suck?

10. Erik Battershell said, on August 25, 2008 at 11:45 pm

The naked trucker and t bone show was hilarious at least t bone was the naked trucker sucked ass.