Andrew Earles

Some entertainment in lieu of writing an actual post….

Posted in Uncategorized by Andrew Earles on August 23, 2007

The inbox this week had a few YouTube suckerpunches.

Hey look, it’s the check fraud version of GBV/Bob Pollard!!

Make sure to watch this interview. Not allowed: Do not view these and respond with some sort of “this is so inept that it outsider art/savant/experimental!!” No, this is exactly what it looks like.

Now, the mirth disappears. Reason 561 why I stay within 500 yards of most indie films. I can’t bring myself to comment.

And reason 781 that I’m glad to be a writer.

About these ads

6 Responses

1. spockrates said, on August 24, 2007 at 7:44 am

Wow – 2/3 read the Bible. Maybe you should look into being a “religious” writer.

2. your friend k said, on August 24, 2007 at 1:45 pm

Re: “Reason 561″…another reason we are friends…we agree this sad sad…yeah, I too cannot even really comment.

3. Chris said, on August 24, 2007 at 3:16 pm

Hoogie-Boogie Land is where you should’ve gone on vacation;you totally wasted your time and money on that cruise.

4. d. mosurock said, on August 25, 2007 at 2:45 pm

I’d like to take this mumblecore thing offline. Comments on a blog can’t do my hatred justice. I’ve seen some of these films and feel qualified – nay, obligated – to levy the dissent.

I’ve seen that same article in no less than five major publications this week, and nobody can seem to fit the word “bullshit” into any of them.

5. Peter Peeved said, on August 28, 2007 at 10:01 pm

Oh my god, “Slackavettes”? Are you fucking kidding me? Ugh. Ugh ugh.

You said you can’t bring yourself to comment, but I really wish you would. The opposing party needs a voice.

6. Reggie said, on September 4, 2007 at 6:09 pm

Oh my god, this band is amazing. Load records should put out an album by them!