Some Kudos that don’t come in a box or get stale, my friend.
Why am I always the last to hear the good news? Instead of boring you with a witty intro that I’m unable to think of (WITTY, not snarky), I’ll simply paste the post (keep in mind that someone may be playing a joke on me):
Thought you’d like to know Thurston Moore big upped//product placed your JFAL project on stage during ATP Friday night while performing his album Psychic Hearts.
mid way through the set b/w songs…
Thurston: “So I’m gonna sing this next song in a British accent (which he didn’t)…anyone heard the new Matador 2 disc release of prank calls where the guy calls up as the bass player from the Psychedelic Furs?”
Faceless Audience Member: ‘TIM BUTLER!’
Thurston: ‘Yeah that’s it! Tim Butler.’
No real punchline. Just thought you’d like to know.
Earles says: NICE!
Sure, in the past I’ve let loose with the critical word, here and there, about SY. It’s just the criticism that can only be called love! Did I almost buy the 4 LP Dirty Deluxe (possibly not the actual title) box the other day? Yes. Tomorrow, if the mood strikes and I pass said store on my left, will the set be purchased? Maybe. Then again, maybe I’ll wait until Friday.
In tribute to the props, I give you the Goo to Dirty HALL OF GREATNESS IN 60 SECONDS!!!
1. “Wish Fulfillment”
4. Seeing “Dirty Boots” video when I was 17
5. “Titanium Expose”
6. 12″ live version of “Dirty Boots” (forgot the focus song for the EP)
7. The fact that I can do a perfect impersonation of Chuck D.’s mid-song banter during “Kool Thing” – Kim’s? Not so much….
8. “Cinderella’s Big Score”
9. Pettibon nabbing a little bit of that Geffen budget…
10. “Go to Sleep” by St. Johnny… (7″ version on Ajax is better, but album version was my only access “back in the day”)
11. Cell and St. Johnny jokes KILL at parties…I encourage readers to try some out…
12. “Theresa’s Sound World”
13. Rave-up anchor in “Sugar Kane”….mainly the drumming…..
14. Will I make to 15 within 60 seconds?
15. “Chapel Hill”